Tuesday, March 26, 2013

PotW 3/27/13

Hi Everyone!

It's March Madness once again.  Which means bracket pools.  Which means that I just did my annual blind-folded free-throw selection of teams.   Not that I give a dribble about basketball, mind you.   It's just that Andrew thinks he needs something to do.  You know.  Cross off losing teams, circle winning ones.  Compare his sheet to mine.  And Nate's.  And Naismith only knows how many other people's.  

I turn in my choices each year, accept the ridicule that comes with them, and then sit back and get my daily update without having to watch a single tip-off.  And you know what?  I don't do half bad.

I picked 66% of the first round teams correctly.  I even picked Harvard!  Why, you ask?  Well, because last year we went to see a friend's daughter cheer for the BU basketball team in a game against Harvard.  I could say I scouted them pretty hard, but I'd be lying.  I was watching Allie get tossed into the air and chatting with Susan.  If I've heard of the school before, they pass the first level of consideration.  If I've actually ever been to one of their games, well, sheesh, I practically HAVE to choose them, don't I?  My selection criteria is extremely stringent and highly scientific, as you can see.  

Which is why I, along with almost everyone else, was caught off guard by FGCU.  Who the heck are they?  Hah.  We all know now, don't we?!  But I heard in my status report last night that despite missing this year's Cinderella boys, I still have 50% of the teams active on my sheet.  (Are we down to 16 teams now or 8 or what?)  Yup, I've been following the tournament very, very closely.

March Madness is just that--madness.  And now the games are stretching into April!  So what is that--April Absurdity??  As far as I'm concerned, the only interesting hoops are made of gold or silver.  If you happen to agree, you might like the ones I just made today.  They are...the Piece of the Week.  Link to the website below my signature.

Until next week--Sweet (hoop) Dreams.  Wake me when it's the Final Four.
Kim
Two Willows Jewelry

TWJ's PotW messages are sent using blind cc to protect your privacy.  Feel free to forward to friends!
If you no longer wish to be on the distribution list let me know and I will remove your name immediately.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment